We are building a world-class team of mission-driven and entrepreneurial people to be based in Spain and Portugal, and are now looking for a Data Engineer to join our team.
In this role you would work closely with the founding team to build features along our data roadmap. The role requires a person that is both experienced with software development, as well as capable of handling modern data extraction and analysis tools. We are looking for someone that is keen to “get things done”, and can handle the responsibility of being a part of a fast growing startup, as well as having the ability to work independently and proactively.
- Build data extraction services, which may include connecting with scraping engines, APIs from partners, and other methods.
- Collaborate in creating scalable data architectures, that support the growth plans of the company.
- Collaborate in creating rich data visualisations to be used internally and externally.
- Work closely with operations and product teams, both to provide data insights as well as to collect challenges that might be addressed through data.
- Deliver world class, tested and documented software code, that complies with security and privacy standards.
- Be an active stakeholder in software architecture discussions around the features you'll build.
- Be a proactive voice in proposing tools and processes that could make yourself and the team more efficient and productive.
- Work cross-functionally to handle and resolve complex and time-sensitive challenges that are important for the company.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift, EMS
- Experience with Databases (Relational and NoSQL) and SQL querying
- Nice to have experience with data extraction techniques (eg: Scraping)
- Nice to have experience with Big Data pipelines, architectures and tools (eg: Tableau, Redshift, Hadoop, etc)
- Nice to have experience with Frontend