Head of Product
We are looking for a passionate, user-centric, strategic, and results-driven product leader to be part of our leadership team. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and executing the vision for the product roadmap, shaping the future of income share agreements, through customer-centric products catering to our different stakeholders: students/candidates, education institutions, and employers.
- Set the long-term vision and strategy for the products in close collaboration with all the stakeholders - technology, business, operations
- Break-down this strategy in implementable phases and ensuring timely execution
- Shape customer needs into well-defined product requirements in collaboration with engineering and UX colleagues
- Negotiate priorities and resources with the rest of the business in order to:
- Deliver releases to a high standard, on schedule
- Align resources
- Gain the input of product stakeholders
- Facilitate a continuous improvement cycle for all product enhancements, based on customer insight, analytics, and user testing
- Defined and measure KPIs to ensure the product is delivering to expectations
- Continuously re-examine and optimize our internal processes
- Input into testing requirements to ensure product quality and consistency
- Communicating the vision and the "why" behind it to all relevant participants
- Provide credible, marketable stories for marketing, sales and client success to take to the market; including what we did, why we did it, how we did it, how we validated it and what the result was
- Build product culture and product thinking in the organization
- Become the key evangelist of StudentFinance, and income share agreements!
- Previous experience working in a Senior Product Management role is essential!
- You should have managed product managers, designers, analysts in previous roles
- A proven track record of launching complex products in multiple geographies - from idea generation to execution.
- Applicants must have a fintech / finance / startup background
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team driven environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills and the ability to balance and prioritize competing demands
- The ability to work across different teams, encourage collaboration and keep communication open between them
- Influencing and negotiation skills at a senior level to ensure that business priorities are given the time and attention they need
- Enough technical knowledge to understand the relevant trade-offs between competing technical options
- A strategic mindset to allow you to balance the short and longer-term needs of the product and company
- The desire and ability to interact and empathise with clients and end users
The ideal candidate for this role should have demonstrated a passion for inspiring, mentoring, and developing people and delivering results in a multi-product ecosystem. This leader must be a deep technologist, proven expertise in improving productivity, driving customer satisfaction, and maintaining technology and security controls.