Regulatory Affairs Associate
StudentFinance is making education affordable and accessible to everyone through Income Share Agreements, which means we are changing the way people pay for education from pay to attend to pay for success model. We are a team of experienced entrepreneurs and very passionate about the future of education and connecting education to the job market.
We are a Fintech with fast growth ambitions and regulation is key to our strategic thinking and expansion. In this role, you will work closely with the founding team to provide regulatory analysis, supporting strategic decisions and pan-European expansion. You’ll also manage and strengthen the teams’ relationships with regulators across Europe and ensure StudentFinance products and processes meet regulatory requirements.
Offices in Lisbon and Madrid. Remote flexible culture.
- Analise regulatory landscape, both country-specific and Pan-European. You are expected to support management in defining a regulatory engagement strategy that is consistent with the company’s objectives
- Critical thinking and analysis of products/services to identify credible methods by which StudentFinance is exposed to regulatory compliance
- Develop processes to track and monitor our regulatory risk, compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Build trust with our regulators: manage and coordinate meaningful reporting internally and externally, respond to information requests, and proactively communicate product changes and notifiable events
- Working hands-on with the teams to reach regulatory compliance best practice
- Collaborate with the company Founders on company strategy and expansion
- 4+ years experience in Financial Services, in legal, compliance or risk at a Fintech, regulated financial services firm or at a regulator or similar body
- Previous experience in lending or payments preferred
- International background and mindset
- A genuine interest in Fintech and in promoting Income Share Agreements as the new standard for education financing/ access
- Ability to distill and discern important information from regulatory guidance, statutes and regulations, audit findings, and other documents and determine how it impacts the business
- Understanding of regulatory requirements vs. “best practices” in compliance is critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English required, written and spoken
- Self-motivated and able to perform independently
- Results-driven, pragmatic, and detailed
- Have an acute love for problem-solving
- Strong organizational skills – must be multi-tasked oriented and able to balance pressure and deadlines with constantly changing priorities
- A team player who works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues; shares information and keeps team members and management informed