Software Engineer (Backend / Node.js)
We are building a world-class team of mission-driven and entrepreneurial people, and are now looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. StudentFinance is officially based in Spain, but our team works remotely.
In this role you would work closely with the founding team to build features along our backend roadmap. The role requires a person that is both experienced with software development, as well as had previous exposure to Fintech environments. We are looking for someone that is keen to “get things done”, and can handle the responsibility of being a part of a fast growing startup, as well as having the ability to work independently and proactively.
- Build integrations with financial partners and providers.
- Collaborate in creating scalable architectures for integrations with 3rd parties, that enable the growth plans of the company.
- Work within the tech team, but closely with operations and product teams as well, both for testing purposes as well as to have a clear grasp of the operational and business impact of the solutions you create.
- Deliver world class, tested and documented software code, that complies with security and privacy standards.
- Be an active stakeholder in software architecture discussions around the features you'll build.
- Be a proactive voice in proposing tools and processes that could make yourself and the team more efficient and productive.
- Work cross-functionally to handle and resolve complex and time-sensitive challenges that are important for the company.
- Solid experience with Node.js
- Solid experience with APIs
- Solid experience with SQL and databases
- Solid experience with Git
- Some experience with frontend development (React.js)
- Nice to have experience with Python
- Nice to have experience with payments and/or bank aggregation integrations
- Nice to have experience with AWS
- Nice to have experience with containers (Docker or Kubernetes)